Sunday, July 27, 2008

Girls weekend in St. George



Well first of all I am not a great writer anyway but I am actually under the influence of loritab right now so please forgive my sloppy blogging. So I had been so looking forward to the girl cousin getaway in St. George for so long and we finally did it!! It was so much fun!! From the very start we walked in the door and the fun started we all told our sisters most embarrassing moment right away. Which is way funnier then telling your own. There are eight of us, each pairs of two sisters. And we had so much fun catching up with each other. Even though I think it was a silent pact to keep everything that was said a secret. Then went out to eat at The Texas Road House where we got the catch phrase for the weekend when the rude waitress came to our table to give us all our change and says to my cute cousin Leanne " So is seven cents crucial to you?" All weekend we were coming up with comebacks my favorite from my other cute cousin Paula was " No, is it crucial to you its your tip." you all know mine would be " Shut up." that's the best I could do.But all weekend we were asking Leanne if seven cents were crucial to her probably not so funny now but we laughed pretty hard over it. So then Friday night I was up sick all night and then we had so much fun shopping and eating out Saturday and right before we were to go see Les Miserables at tuacan I got so so so sick I left the group and went back to the condo, then called my sweet hubby crying and he told me to go to instacare and in retrospect I was on the cell phone driving and crying and being violently ill all at the same time. Its a miracle I didn't get myself or anyone else killed. So I get to the I.H C. and they tell me to get to the hospital and I walked out of there wondering how in the world I am going to drive myself to the hospital and it was like in the movies my sister came running up to me an I totally broke into sobbing I was so happy to see her I thought I was so alone and I am a chicken I was scared. I love you Kristy!!!!!



Then she took me to the hospital they did like a million tests and 2 ct scans and found out I needed to have my gall bladder removed. So they pumped me full of loritab and sent me home to get it out. Finally I am home recovering fromthat so sucky and hurty surgery. But the weekend was so much fun apart from that. Even that was kinda fun I had the er nurse leave my door open and wow that was entertaining to see what goes down in the er in St. George.


11 comments:

skcoe said...

Sucky AND hurty? Poor thing!

I'm sorry I haven't helped more...what do you still need? I'm a pro at vacuuming and dusting!

Love you! HANG IN THERE!

Kristy said...

Steff,

Blogging on Lortab! Go Girl! I don't think any patient in St. George ever had as much giggling fun as you with LeeAnn and I in the room.

I can't wait till next year (without the hospital trip of course)
Love Ya!

Sarah Lee said...

Steff, You are the only person I know that can make a hospital gown look "hot". :)

I'm so sorry that happened! Why do we have gall bladders if they can just take them out?

I like Sheryl am very good with a vaccum and dishes and dusting.

jenn said...

What on earth?!!

You know, I'm guessing it is the Lortab that makes the hospital visit seem like it was a "kinda fun" part of your weekend. Really- that just sucks!

Feel better and let me know if I can help!

Anonymous said...

ahhh geee Steff... i hope you get better soon, but dang you don't look bad in the hospital.

Matt said...

Hmmm, if everyone is so good at vacuuming and dusting etc, why am I doing it?

Steph said...

Come on Matt - we can all see thru the facade.. we know Caleb's been doing the vacuuming ;o)

Annie said...

Well, minus the hospital part and it sounds like an awesome trip! Props to your sister for coming to check on you...that really is such a movie moment! I'm glad you are doing better now. Let me know if you need anything!!

Debbie said...

That is crappy. I'm sorry it had to happen on your girl's weekend. You'll need to schedule a re-do. If you want I can come over and act out Les Miserables for you! I am glad that you got home where you were taken care of though.

June said...

That is no fun!

Corina said...

Steff! My goodness - thats a story you see on ER or something! My goodness! I am glad you are doing better!